Itch insisted I pay $6.66 for this, and I couldn't have agreed more. This looks super fun.
A downloadable game
it’s fun! It’s a good little kind of writing inspiration machine.
-Ben Rogers, playtester
if you feel you most, ask for a donation as $3.99 is frankly terrible. There isn't any screenshots and people are just going to risk spending this money, it feels like a money grab
-@rungeon, a video game developer who is sure I don't understand Itch
i like the option to play an orb
-Ben Walker, husband and developer of We Rate Dogs
You're a ghost. You're haunting a quaint little bed and breakfast, in the city or the middle of nowhere. Halloween is coming up fast, and both the mortal and natural communities are in a tizzy. What's your unlife like around such an important holiday, in such a liminal space?
ScareBnB is a solo journaling game that requires only 1d20, writing materials, and as much time as you care to devote to it. It comes with a sample week-long scenario, sixty prompts for people and events, and a wealth of potential names for characters.
If you like ScareBnB, please check out the other games that inspired it!
- GODTALKER NOBODY by Rhea Chron (https://maplemoonstone.itch.io/godtalker-nobody)
- The Final Cathedral at the End of the World by Mids Meinberg (https://goat-song-publishing.itch.io/final-cathedral)
- With My Last Undying Breath by Kienna Shaw (https://kiennas.itch.io/with-my-last-undying-breath)
- Our Haunt by Jamila Nedjadi (https://temporalhiccup.itch.io/our-haunt)
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Want a copy of this project but can't afford it? Are you a reviewer or blogger? Just want some free stuff? Grab a community copy.
(Buying a PDF copy adds +1 Community Copy to this pool, so give back if you liked it and you're able!)
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Paid $5 for this as I agree with Rungeon, $3.99 is frankly terrible for such a fun idea. Looking forward to having a great time with this. Wouldn't have found it without your review, my man, thanks!
You are trying to sell a game made in 3 days for a game jam, meaning most of us can't rate your game. I would really advise not attempting to sell a game jam game, if you feel you most, ask for a donation as $3.99 is frankly terrible. There isn't any screenshots and people are just going to risk spending this money, it feels like a money grab
I have free copies (I set up forty) and I am not new to this. Don't take it if you don't want a physical game, this isn't an airport and you don't need to announce your departure.
1. Don't speak for others. No one is an expert of everyone.
2. Are you giving advice or trying to be mean? If you are giving advice your tone is mean. If you are being mean, stop. The world is overflowing with mean.
3. Here's a virtual hug. I won't pretend to understand what caused you to poo on another humans creative endeavor but if you are going through stuff, imagine a handsome stranger giving you a cozy ole hug.
I'm guessing you aren't aware of the norms of the physical games community on Itch, but it's very common and socially expected for people to submit paid physical games to game jams and to be paid for their work in general. That's something the indie video game community can learn from the indie analog games community. Don't devalue your work!